In late March of 2009, Rod McBrien, one of the principal songwriters and music producers of MTI Studios, passed away.
Rod McBrien was a natural born songwriter. When he picked up his guitar and began to write, magic happened. Melodies that hooked you the very first time you heard them.
Rod McBrien was one of the all time greats in advertising music. He was a four-time Clio Award winner for his work for Coca-Cola and other national advertisers.
Rod’s credits as a producer, songwriter, and singer included:
- “Coke Adds Life” (Coca-Cola)
- “Have It Your Way” (Burger King)
- “Soup Is Good Food” (Campbell's)
- “Look Up America” (Coca-Cola)
- "Who Wears Short Shorts" (Nair; Clio winner)
- "If You've Got the Time, We've Got the Beer" (Miller Beer)
Rod was recently honored in Washington DC where he was recognized in Congress for the songs he had written for America's Veterans. It was often said that a Rod McBrien song was easy to remember and impossible to forget. At MTI Studios we will never forget Rod or his music.